I’m Lorenzo Arribas, a Software Engineer and Entrepreneur based in Barcelona, Spain.
Over the past 5 years I have worked in 10+ projects in both the enterprise and startup worlds, covering a wide range of technologies and business requirements. Here are a few of my latest interests:
- DevOps, designing fully automated Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines for Runtastic and SchoolHouse.io.
- Distributed computing, optimizing how a fleet of microservices communicate with one another using RabbitMQ and GRPC.
- Developing healthy and scalable architectures that are a bliss to maintain several years into a project.
- Using event sourcing to power complex features and improve developer productivity.
- Falling in love with functional programming and understanding code in a whole different way.
- Applying Gamification to some of my side projects and thinking hard about incentives, motivation and user experience.
- Creating a progressive web application our users can install and use offline.
I like to be active. Learn new things every day, and develop my own side projects from time to time. I’ve also started writing articles recently.
When I’m not working I’m usually doing sport, reading or travelling.
I’m open to new opportunities or projects. If you think I can be a good fit, don’t hesitate to drop me an email.